Director of Photography
In his first approach to the cinema industry he worked as a 2nd assistant and focus puller in motion pictures and commercials (1986-1990).
Right afterwards he joined the American Film institute in Los Angeles (1990-1992), where he graduated with a Master in Cinematography, with a Fulbright scholarship.
In Europe and the U.S. he has worked as cinematographer of five feature films, twenty five shorts and two featurettes, most of them awarded in different International Festivals, including some best photography mentions and also nominations and awards from the Spanish Film Academy.
He has been Director of Photography in more than two thousand commercials internationally and over twenty music-videos.
Early on 2015 he is been involved on the event “Hologram demonstration”, capturing the hologram protesters to be merged in front of the Spainish Congress. This campaign has received 16 Lions at the 2015 Cannes Festival.
Recently it has also shot for MINI two featurettes in Virtual Reality 360 stereoscopic 3D. It’s been made by an array of 9 RED DRAGON cameras, also combined with GOPRO’s rig. Press here for link of the two films
Technical experience in Film & Digital Cinematography.:
- Visual FX: Motion control (MILO, BOLT HS) , Mattes, Plate and scale cinematography, Blue & green screen.
- Aerial: Drones, Cineflex, Tyler mounts, Spacecam.
- Auto: Russian arm, Scorpio arm, Camera car, FF features.
- Remote head operating: stabilized, 2 & 3 axis, gear head.
- VR 360 degrees (also with 3D rigs) with RED Dragon and Go-Pro.
- Dome cinematography.
- High speed: Phantom, Weisscam, Photosonics.
- Stop motion
- Macro cinematography.
Pancho Alcaine is an active member of the Spanish Society of Cinematographers (A.E.C.).